Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mosaic Monday: Food Photography





I had to troll through my archives this week to find something for Mosaic Monday, and I finally came up with food photography.  I really feel as though blogging has ushered in a golden age of food photography.  There are so many wonderful food blogs these days, with fabulous eye candy.  A few of my favorites are Honey& Jam, Cannelle et Vanille, Savory Simple, and Tartelette.  If you are interested, you might want to follow my Pinterest board called Beautiful Food Photography.  I have collected wonderful examples there from around the globe.  And if you are interested in learning more about food photography, check out this article in Lightstalkers about lighting and styling food photos.

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net


25 comments:

  1. Love your little hands dish, Mary!!! Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear,
    thank you for sharing all this beauty!!!!
    All the best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food photography is my downfall, it's all about the right angle sometimes. I'll check out your recommended links thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! Photographing food and keeping it looking appetizing is an art - one I am not to good at doing.
    I also dug around in my archives for pics for today. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful examples of food photography you put up, Mary! I am intimidated to blog my recipes anymore as I always feel my food photos don't measure up I am always in a rush to take the photos and eat..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful collages Mary. The blood oranges really drew me in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, these are lovely food images. Your hand dish is lovely! Well done! Thanks for hosting, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo collages of food... Thanks for hosting! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm thanks you soo much for the links re food photography I look forward to linking on them over the week. I've started following you on pinterest - isn't pinterest FUN!

    I've started watching food photography on a video from creative live. I'll try and link you it's rather good. https://email.creativelive.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGNW2f0XkPazeD0PzfCNB2w6edPzfSeuN5P3TwJVXtpKX%3DACDAY&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWOctfg0ctYXZbjf4LoiHNO0qZe90pVDOl23FdcF3257a9JAFueoi6WnX5Gxog.
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos and collage ... thank you for hosting. xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. food photography - you are a lady after my own heart - food photography is a passion of mine. I will be checking out some of your links. Lighting is definitely something I need to learn more about. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire food photography and love browsing such in Pinterest. Your photos are perfect. Stunning food photography. I'll be checking all your links! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will be making some cookies now, like the photo's.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful food photographs Mary. It's a special talent to make food look so good...looks like you have mastered this technique too. Happy Mosaic Monday.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Food photography is one of my fav things to capture == you did so well! My first time participating in Mosaic Monday. Thank you for hosting~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love food photography! I went to follow your Pinterest board. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photo of the blood orange draws the eye right away.
    Thanks for the party.
    Have a lovely week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't linked up with you in ages...happy to be here again. Your food images are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I find food photography incredibly difficult. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love food photography and your collage is just wonderful. thank you for the great links here too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love to bake and cook and only once did I share it on my blog - because I take horrible foodie pics! YOURS are gorgeous - really create a "mood."
    Thank you for the links, I need to better myself and learn photography once and for all. I am a *very* lazy photographer, so there's the rub.

    Thanks for hosting - haven't been joining in a while, glad to be here...it always feels so nice. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think food photography is one of the hardest things. These are just incredibly beautiful and artistic.

    ReplyDelete

  23. United Sales Concepts, leading food packaging company offers plastic carry-out food packaging containers and much more. Get food service supplies at wholesale price. Call us now # 1 800-451-7816.
    Food packaging supplies

    ReplyDelete
  24. mmmmm food plz checkout www.instaartt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!